List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [MediaWiki-l] Spam extension with per page filters and API accessable
From:       Al Johnson <alj62888 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2013-02-21 22:27:57

Hi Chris,

Open a ticket for AbuseFilter?

________________________________
 From: Chris Steipp <csteipp@wikimedia.org>
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: Al Johnson <alj62888@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:42 PM

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 09:55 PM, Al Johnson wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a spam filter whereby one can specify a filter
>> pattern along with the specific page to which the filter applies
>> AND can be accessed and modified via the API?
>
> AbuseFilter has an API, but it is read-only.   It shouldn't be to hard to
> add endpoints to the API so that you can modify the filters.

I had actually thought about implementing an api to add and remove
filters, to shorten the time from an admin having to revert the same
type of spam on a wiki and getting an AF rule in place to block it. If
you're interested in the feature, it would be great to open a ticket
and add in your use case.