List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [MediaWiki-l] code: -1, response
From:       Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf () free ! fr>
Date:       2013-02-19 8:21:46

Le 16/02/13 21:59, Sifu a écrit :
> Wiki! could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your e-mail
> address for invalid characters. Mailer returned: Failed to connect to
> X.X.X.X:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: A connection attempt failed
> because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time,
> or established connection failed because connected host has failed to
> respond. (code: -1, response: )]

Hello,

It looks like MediaWiki is not able to connect to your SMTP server. Make
sure the address shown is reachable, that might be due to a local firewall.

If the X.X.X.X above is 127.0.0.1 that is your local computer, you
probably want to use your ISP SMTP server and configure it using our
global variable $wgSMTP.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso