List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] disable version
From:       nevio_carlos_de_alarcão <nevinhoalarcao () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-30 21:53:38

> You may just use CSS to hide it. Put e. g. the following lines in your

> MediaWiki:Common.css page:

>  /* Hide history button */

>  li#ca-history { display: none !important; }

Hi all!
I am not a programmer and the few I know was learned from day after day
reading the messages of this mailing. Now I have a question if I may:
the  MediaWiki:Common.css
page of the wiki I manage don't exist. If I call it trough search box it
comes with create button available.  So I didn't undestand. In order to hide
history button should I create it only with "li#ca-history { display: none
!important; }" string?
Sorry for bad english and grammar mistakes and dumb questions?
Att, Névio

2010/9/30 uv22e Alcott <uv22ealcott@googlemail.com>

> awww, ty so much!!!
>
> btw does someone know a page where to buy nice mediawiki themes. I know the
> free onws from google and those provided on the mw website, which are
> really
> amazing. But maybe there are others too.
>
> Thanks again for the help!
>
> :)uv
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Robin Krahl <me@robin-krahl.de> wrote:
>
> > On 30.09.2010 17:17, uv22e Alcott wrote:
> > > Hello there, I would like to use MW as a Website so my question is if
> it
> > is
> > > possible (and how) to disable the version / history button on the
> > > installation.
> >
> > You may just use CSS to hide it. Put e. g. the following lines in your
> > MediaWiki:Common.css page:
> >
> >  /* Hide history button */
> >  li#ca-history { display: none !important; }
> >
> > Then clear your browser’s cache, and it should be hidden.
> >
> > But if the user realizes you are using MediaWiki, he may see the history
> > by typing the URL manually. I don’t think you can supress this. Anyway,
> > you should disable the edit possibility for anonymous users in your
> > LocalSettings.php (if you haven’t already done so).
> >
> > Regards,
> >    Robin
> >
> > --
> > Robin Krahl || ireas