List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Clean URLs
From:       Marcin Cieslak <saper () saper ! info>
Date:       2010-09-24 7:43:34

>> Bruce Whealton <bwhealton@futurewavedesigns.com> wrote:
> The first link you gave me assumes my wiki is installed in a subfolder
> called w and we will use the virtual directory wiki.  My actual
> directory is wiki.  Maybe I should use the virtual directory w then and
> just replace w with wiki and vice versa where it occurs.

I depends what you want. If you want to have:

http://my.wiki.site/w/ArticleName

but:

http://my.wiki.site/wiki/index.php?title=ArticleName&action=history

then leave it as it is (and point /w/ to /wiki/index.php as described).

It has become a convention to do the other way around, but
nobody says it has to be so.

//Marcin