List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Moving entire wiki 1.10.0 -> 1.15.4
From:       Platonides <Platonides () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-23 11:50:48

Belton, Todd wrote:
> This had occurred to me but the old server is in such nasty shape -
> we're trying to migrate before it falls apart - that it may not be an
> option. Still, thanks for the suggestion!

If you have sql access, you could equally drop all tables in the new
server (after all, they are empty), import the old tables, and run
mediawiki updater/installer, which will update the tables.

Alternatively, you could use an intermediate host just for the update.

And don't forget about the images, which are stored in the filesystem,
not into the database.