List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [Mediawiki-l] extension template feedback
From:       Rich Evans <revansx () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-05-29 1:49:46

Hello,

I have just finished my first official third-party mw-extension and wanted to get \
some advice.

My extension is called "MCCP" and is specifically designed to help
people who are tasked with configuration management (CM) of any complex collection of \
systems.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Mccp

I am witting to the mediawiki-l group to ask for some feedback/advice from anyone who \
has been successful in making their extensions well known and widely-used. \
Specifically, I'm hoping someone can tell me if I have posted the extension correctly \
on the http://www.mediawiki.org  for public-use and if there is anything specific I \
should do to let people know that it exists.

The extension requires other components such as WGET, PEAR and SSL and a custom skin \
which I have bundled in with the extension.

Since this extension has all these other dependacies, I though it would be most \
helpful to provide a complete "Installation Walk-through" on the discussion page: \
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Mccp

Please take a peek and let me know if this effort has a credible place in the \
mediawiki extension collection and how I could best let it be found by the people who \
might best be served by it.

truly,
- Rich (revansx)