List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Change til Create Account
From:       Platonides <Platonides () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-24 18:44:39

Poul Erik Løvskov wrote:
> In our University College we want to use MediaWiki. It should be oppen with \
> readonly for everyone. If it is possible we want the Create
Account to work only for people from a spicific maildomain
(xxx@ucsj.dk). Can anyone help me?

Yes, it is. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access
You basically only allow members of one group to create the accounts. If
the "people from a specific maildomain" is into a LDAP server, you can
make mediawiki interact with it.