List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Linked image, 1.14 or earlier ?
From:       Platonides <Platonides () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-17 15:48:36

"MediaWiki is now using a "continuous integration" development model
with quarterly snapshot releases. The latest development code is
always kept "ready to run", and in fact runs our own sites on
Wikipedia."

Uwe Baumbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with 1.14+ there will be a link target
>
> [[image:ImgFile.jpg|link=elsewhere]]
>
> a) 1.14 in WP is alpha and not recommended for other running wikis?!

It is stable enough, as it is being run on MediaWiki. But you must be
aware of what the changes mean and possible problems needing fast
updating. I recommend using a revision live on Wikipedia.

> b) is there a planned date for releasing 1.14.0 ?
It should be released soon.

> c) is it possible and reasonable to implement it previously into 1.13.x ?

It won't be backported, but shouldn't be hard to do if you wish.