List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Merging two separate MediaWiki installations into
From:       Alejandro_Sánchez_Marín
Date:       2007-07-30 19:56:09

I do it this morning and runs.

I make a copy/paste from this post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/mediawiki/42220?search_string=merge;#42220
---------
Hans Voss wrote:
 > I am looking into the possibility of merging two wiki's with each
 > other I would like to know if it is possible to actually *merge* the
 > databases or that a Special:Export <> Special:Import would work. (What
 > happens with Import/Export when a page already exists?)

The history would contain all edit on the page names from both wikis
mixed together.

 > Is there even a way to export (and import) the *entire* wiki?

cd /bla/firstwiki/maintenance
php dumpBackup.php --full > /tmp/firstwiki.xml

cd /bla/secondwiki/maintenance
php importDump.php /tmp/firstwiki.xml

(These are new in 1.5.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

---------

After this you need to test if images are on it. something like php
maintenance/rebuildimages.php --missing or php maintenance/importimages.php

Good luck.