List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Problem with RSS feed not working
From:       Michelle <michelle.sg1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 19:02:21

The problem is the code tries to put the whole article into the feed,
which chokes a lot of browsers and feed servers.  Someone on this list
devised their own RSS page with just what they wanted.  I hacked the
code in includes/QueryPage.php/feedItemDesc(), to be this:

		if( isset( $row->text ) ) {
			$text = "<p>" . htmlspecialchars( wfMsg( "summary" ) ) . ": " .
$text . "</p>\n";
                }

In other words, I cut off the row->text part of the string. That seems
to have helped a lot. You may want to search the archives for the more
elegant solution.

Michelle