List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    Re: [Mediawiki-l] Re: Getting started with MediaWiki and Custom CSS
From:       Sy <sy1234 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 17:42:10

First, I updated to 1.5rc4, which was a breeze.

I can get things working better.. however things are buggy.

In order to move the header lines above, I must do this:

-- This works:

thisneverworks {
}

h1 {
   border-top: 1px solid #aaa !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}

h2 {
   border-top: 1px dashed #aaa !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}

-- h2 works, h1 is ignored:

h1 {
   border-top: 1px solid #aaa !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}

h2 {
   border-top: 1px dashed #aaa !important;
   border-bottom: none !important;
}

So I've found a workaround to make my h1 and h2 preferences work.  I
don't, however, understand this CSS stuff and still can't fathom why
things are "working" the way they do.  My "pastoral" example still
doesn't work.. even though I've played around a fair bit.