List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [Mediawiki-l] Date categories in WikiNews
From:       "John Ellenberger" <johne () jellenberger ! org>
Date:       2005-08-30 0:40:50

Trying to understand the date categories in wikinews for my own site.  I see
that the date template puts articles into a category specific to the date
but it looks like on the wikinews site there are also pages that are created
for the year/month/day.  These are referenced in the "latest news" template
on the front page.  How are these created?  Is there a template that I'm
missing somewhere that converts date category data into pages

John Ellenberger
Groton, MA
johne@jellenberger.org