List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [Mediawiki-l] Problems Installing Mediawiki 1.4.8 (continued)
From:       "James Sanders" <jamessanders () telus ! net>
Date:       2005-08-29 1:31:23

Sorry about the incomplete message, I accidently sent it via a keyboard shortcut. \
Here we go:

I've been having trouble installing Mediawiki 1.4.8 on my webserver here:

http://web.rulex.net/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php

When I go to configure the wiki before installing, I get these warnings and errors:

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. \
File(./includes/Defines.php) is not within the allowed path(s): \
(/home:/usr/local/lib/php) in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

Warning: main(includes/Defines.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation \
not permitted in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required \
'includes/Defines.php' \
(include_path='.:/home/users/smextreme/wiki:/home/users/smextreme/wiki/includes:/home/users/smextreme/wiki/languages') \
in /home/users/smextreme/wiki/config/index.php on line 121

I know my webhost has it set up wrong, because I've installed it on my personal web \
server on my computer. Can you give me some info on what to tell my web host to fix \
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l@Wikimedia.org