List:       mdbtools-dev
Subject:    Re: [mdb-dev] Data pages
From:       knyberg () grebyn ! com
Date:       2000-03-16 13:48:51

My rule on this is as follows (it's known as Nyberg's law - feel free to
reference it!):

	  It's always easier to make a working program fast than it is to
	  make a fast program work.

Meaning, of course, take the inefficient, but (not in the formal sense)
correct, solution, and let your knowledge and understanding of the problem,
your programming skills, and the speed of computer hardware have a chance to
catch up.  Once you see the whole puzzle, it's often easier to figure out
where (and in what order) you should have put the pieces.

I have many times coded inefficient (but obvious) solutions to problems and
not gotten the elegant solution until much later.  Having A solution permits
me to move forward with other aspects of a system development without
waiting on the perfect solution or being completely blocked.

-- Karl --