List:       mdbtools-dev
Subject:    Re: [mdb-dev] mdb files to csv files converter for windows
From:       Martin Ellis <martin () ellis ! name>
Date:       2006-08-17 15:29:39

On Thursday 17 August 2006 16:10, ashwin.pimpale wrote:
>             I am the new member of this list. Could anyone please tell me
> where do I find the mdb to cvs converter for Windows platform.

If you're on Windows, the most robust way to do it is probably just to use the
export features in Access.

If you don't have it, I think you can probably get away with downloading
OpenOffice.  As I understand it, it uses the native database libraries when
installed on Windows.  Presumably that will have export functionality.

> This is very urgent.

To who? :)

> I tried to search it on the net but it just suggests tools for the
> unix & linux platform. They do specify that it can be installed on windows
> but then do not mention the procedures.

I don't see anything in the mdbtools installation guide or FAQ to suggest
this.

> Here are the links which might clear the issue:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-windows.html

That's not a page about mdbtools.
That's a page about Gtk+: a library used by mdbtools which happens
to have been ported to Windows.

Martin