List:       maven-user
Subject:    Overriding/extending Default XXXLifecycleMappingProvider
From:       Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenhagen () gmx ! de>
Date:       2022-12-14 16:57:35

Hi,

in the past we have used a Maven jar where we just placed a =
src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml which did override the =
called goals for different types resp. even created new types (e.g. a =
spring-boot-jar). We included this jar as `extension` in the `build` =
section of our company pom. This allowed us to easily enforce execution =
of e.g. failsafe:verify for JARs, WARs and SPRING-BOOT-JARs while =
excluding this for POMs.

With =
https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/6c7d105916bb288b1f0f7010035c718f16e=
11240#diff-e56beaf8ffd2642855c03d4bbcc8bd7a33a4e50582b8bd540b3bea6aee63f68=
3 the old XML structures are gone and replaced by Java classes.

Is it possible to somehow override/replace the existing standard =
JarLifecycleMappingProvider, PomLifecycleMappingProvider and =
WarLifecycleMappingProvider without patching the Maven distribution?

Best Regards
Mirko=