List:       maven-user
Subject:    Re: Any update on "polyglot" Maven?
From:       Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.boutemy () free ! fr>
Date:       2019-01-05 7:31:32

Hi Christofer,

I know C/C++ people who used nar-maven-plugin [1] with success: did you have a
look?

Notice: in Maven, "polyglot" term has always been used for other POM format
than XML.
Here, it's more on Maven support for non-java languages

One key requirement in such multi-languages context will be to have common
understanding and vocabulary on the requirements of the alternate languages,
sharing concrete examples to make sure both java and non-java people see the
same case.
That was my key finding when I worked a little bit to help these C/C++ people
discover the plugin and find their way. But I never got too much in details on
how finely they managed dependencies: I know there were both static and
dynamic libraries, and multi-platform support, then 2 key topics for C/C++
than Java does not require

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven-nar.github.io/

Le vendredi 4 janvier 2019, 11:08:47 CET Christofer Dutz a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> after leaving the Flex project I sort of lost the need for supporting
> alternate dependency strategies. Now in PLC4X we're currently starting to
> work on the C and C++ versions of our PLC drivers.
 This brings the old