List:       maven-user
Subject:    Re: Can Maven be used in an nmake environment with VPATH?
From:       Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2015-04-02 23:14:27

In any case Stephen Connolly has provided the final nail in the coffin
for this idea.  At the end of the day, there is no GOOD way to do this
that would be worth the effort.

Switching over to a modern version control system (without VPATH) and
Maven will need to be done together, and be for new work.  Old
applications will need to be ported.  There's no way around it.

Thanks to everyone for trying.

Steve Cohen