List:       maven-user
Subject:    Including external file in archetype
From:       JE <nedry () weseewhathappens ! com>
Date:       2013-11-20 16:15:06

I have an archetype project.

I would like to include a resource from an alternative project in the
archetype.

The reason for this, is the file is used by a couple of different projects
and I don't want to maintain duplicate versions.

I have something like

proja - src/main/resources/my.properties

and

archetype-a src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/resources

archetype-b src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/resources

ideally my.properties would end up in
 src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/resources when I package
up either archetype.

Any ideas?