List:       maven-user
Subject:    Mavenizing Existing Project Part Deux
From:       Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2009-02-24 0:53:02

OK, after extensive discussion in earlier thread about the best way to
go about Mavenizing Existing Project(s) in my, shall we say, unusual
environment (see that thread for details, don't want to recapitulate
them here) I have decided to try to move forward.

First I have to learn this tool.  I have used maven before, but mainly
in the way of building from someone else's POM.  Just type maven install
or some such and bingo, the world is built.

Now my goal is to have pre-existing non-Maven projects be mavenized.  I
am prepared to "throw the first one away".  I also want to take this
opportunity to start from a m2eclipse platform, so I have now installed
that, even to the point of installing Ganymede because I couldn't get it
to install in Europa.  Although I know there is benefit to the command
line tools, I'd like to start from eclipse, understanding that I can
take the POM I produce and install it with command line tools.

So my first question is this:

How do I convert a non-Maven project into a Maven project?

1) Is there some way to "change natures"?
2) Create a new Maven project, place in SVN, then move stuff to the
right places?