List:       maven-dev
Subject:    Re: Getting Maven Site Plugin 2.1 out the door...
From:       Dennis Lundberg <dennisl () apache ! org>
Date:       2009-10-31 21:39:41

Lukas Theussl wrote:

> Thanks Dennis for the initiative. Unfortunately it comes at a bad time
> for me, I'm afraid I won't be able to help much in the next weeks (new
> job, new country, new home...) but I fully endorse your plan of action.
> See my comments below.

No problem, we'll try to manage without you ;-)

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I think it's about time we release Maven Site Plugin 2.1.
> >
> > There are *a lot* of issued fixed in there, many of them thanks to the
> > upgrade to Doxia 1.1. To get a release out there are a couple of this to
> > consider:
> >

> > 1. What releases are needed?
> >
> > maven-doxia-tools-1.1
> > doxia-1.1.2
> > doxia-sitetools-1.1.2
> > maven-site-plugin-2.1
>
> maven-reporting-impl-2.1 is also on my list and would be ready too.

I don't see this as a requirement for a release of the Site Plugin.
Perhaps for the MPIR Plugin though...

> OTOH, what has changed in maven-doxia-tools-1.1? There are no JIRA's
> associated with it?

There are 3 issues fixed in maven-doxia-tools-1.1 in JIRA, all of them
done by you :-)
An upgrade to Doxia 1.1.1 and important inheritance fixes for menus and
site.xml.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-115
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-116
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-117

Here are the full release notes:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+MS \
HARED+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%22+maven-doxia-tools+1.1%22+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC&mode=hide

> > 2. Which issues do we include?
> >
> > Here's a list of the issues currently scheduled for the above releases:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-102
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-354
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-355
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIASITETOOLS-32
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-227
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-244
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-273
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-358
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-419
> >
> > I propose that we fix only DOXIASITETOOLS-32 (Deployed
> > decoration-1.0.1.xsd) and MSITE-419 (Update to Doxia 1.1.2). We push the
> > rest to later versions. What do other think?
>
> I have updated the JIRA roadmaps for DOXIA and MSITE, it's fine for me
> like that.

Thanks!

> Thanks!
> -Lukas
>

> > 3. Who does what?
> >
> > I can release maven-doxia-tools and maven-site-plugin, if someone else
> > can make the two Doxia releases.
> >

> > The Doxia Release Plan can be found on the wiki at
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Doxia+Release+Plan

Dennis Lundberg