List:       maven-dev
Subject:    Using the embedder for ITs
From:       Jason van Zyl <jason () maven ! org>
Date:       2006-03-31 2:28:45

Hi,

Just wanted to float the idea of using the embedder for the ITs. It's
been discussed before but now I think it's getting close to possible
with the work on the embedder-refactor branch. The CLI uses the embedder
on the branch and everything works.

The subtlety is that it will not be the command line anymore in the
strict sense even though it's the same code now. The one benefit is that
trying to run the ITs through the embedder I believe will stimulate some
cleanup in the core because I know for sure they would not all pass
right now because of some thread safety issues and use of System
properties. The other benefit is that the ITs would probably run in 5
seconds which would be nice.

Any thoughts?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

   -- Shakespeare