List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] Mason User/Session Mgmt System?
From:       John Keiser <jkeiser () iname ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 13:23:27

I have been implementing a generic user/session management system that
handles logging in, session timeouts, the whole nine yards.  It will be
be very powerful--and a cinch to write and use--in Mason.  I am
wondering if someone has made a generic system for this before?  If not,
when I finish it I'll submit it to the site ...

The package will require a database, of course.  My first version will
probably use the database for state (so that multiple servers will be
able to share sessions), but maybe Apache::Session will do that part
better (which I haven't used before).

Thank you for OO features in Mason, I didn't realize how wonderful it
would be! :)

--John