List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Memory Leaks???
From:       "Ken Williams" <ken () forum ! swarthmore ! edu>
Date:       2001-07-29 20:20:32

wsheldah@lexmark.com wrote:
>One other thing.  This is an intranet application that probably won't see more
>than 100 users or so.  Do you think it's even necessary to use Apache::DBI, or
>can I get away with just initiating new connections in my handler.pl and
>disconnecting at the bottom of the same script?

It depends mainly on the database.  With something like MySQL you can
often just connect every time, but with Oracle that will never do.  I
don't have much experience with Postgresql.  The only way to know for
sure is to benchmark it in a real-world or simulated real-world
application.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum