List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] simulating top-level component request
From:       Dave Rolsky <autarch () urth ! org>
Date:       2000-10-29 3:22:31

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Ian Kallen wrote:

> A few months back, I seem to recall mention of implementing a top-level
> request cycle such that calling exec on a component path would do the
> whole directory walk processing of autohandlers and dhandlers.  I didn't
> see it on the "to do" list, is that still on the map?  (Sorry if it's just
> my eyeballs failing me!)

An $m->comp flag that indicates that autohandlers and dhandlers should
take effect, e.g.
   $m->comp({use_handlers=>1},comp,args) Alternately, an easy way to spin
off one request from another. Probably this
   has to wait for a rearchitecting of the objects.

This is on the todo list.  Jon has this assigned to the 1.0x release
series though I'm not sure if it will happen then.  If it requires
rearchitecting then it'll probably have to wait.  Under my proposed
components as classes implementation (see dev list archives) this would be
trivial to do, since inheritance (and autohandlers) would be handled by
the Perl inheritance system so all Mason would have to do is handle
dhandlers (which could be done via inheritance too now that I think of
it).

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun