List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] Re: irreplaceable cacheing
From:       "Tom Neff" <tneff () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-09-25 7:44:24

Barry Hoggard wrote:
> I would be happy to get involved in figuring out the best way for
> these two to work together.  Mason's cacheing is irreplaceable.

Mason's cacheing is irreplaceable if (a) you're working in some form of
mod_perl where a twice-interpreted stream yields a huge savings by cacheing
one of the two interpreting passes, and (b) you don't know how to implement
your own cache instead.  The same kind of thing could surely be done for XML
without sending anyone to the insane asylum...