List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] Is there a way in Mason to duplicate the ASP/PSP $Session object?
From:       Josh Gardner <jgard () openroad ! ca>
Date:       2000-02-24 19:48:33

Hi folks,

I was wondering, is there a way in mason to duplicate the behavior you
can get in the PSP "$Session" object?

About the closest I found was "Persistent user sessions through cookies"
, but I'm not sure this is quite the same thing.

Basically, I want to be able to keep track of active user logins to a
website. Would using cookie based persistent variable be an appropriate
methodology? Please, excuse my ignorance, since I've only done this in
PSP (Apache::ASP) before, and I did it through the $Session object, and
I'm not sure if this is implemented through cookies the same way
persistent session in Mason seem to be.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Josh