List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] Using uploadInfo with Mason
From:       Patrick Michael Kane modus () pr ! es ! to
Date:       1999-07-29 16:39:13

Sam,

Currently this information is not available via Mason.  It would be trivial
to add it, however, so that the upload info is available via the
filename/filehandle scalar.  I will post a patch to the list for you in a
bit and will incorporate this for 0.7.

* Sam Eaton (sam@pavilion.net) [990728 11:12]:
> I'm trying to get at the Content-type information from files uploaded
> through a multipart/form-data form.
>
> I get the filename and file contents correctly by using the field name
> as either a scalar or a filehandle, so I know that the parsing bit is
> being done correctly in Mason.
>
> Reading the CGI.pm docs, it seems that if I were using CGI.pm, I would
> do this :
>
> $filename = $query->param('uploaded_file');
> $type = $query->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'};
>
> Not having a $query, I've tried this :
>
> $filename = $attach;	    # i.e. The field as a scalar
> $type = uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'};
>
> I get this error :
>
>     Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference
>
> Which would make sense if uploadInfo() isn't working right.  If I just
> call uploadInfo directly, it doesn't appear to return anything, but
> doesn't give an error either.
>
> Is this a braino on my part?  Should I be doing something differently?
> Or do I need to jump through different hoops to get at this information?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam.
> --

Patrick Michael Kane