List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] [ausuniweb] Netizen downtime over the weekend.
From:       Bek Oberin gossamer () netizen ! com ! au
Date:       1999-03-16 7:14:27

Sorry about the recent downtime of netizen.com.au.

We had ongoing DNS problems from Wednesday 10th (the scheduled
downtime date) to Monday 16th or so.  As far as we know, they are now
properly fixed and won't happen again.

You can stop reading here unless you want to know the technical
details ...

Basically what happened is that we moved to the new office, changed
our IP addresses, and then a comedy of errors ensued, involving both
our secondary DNS servers doing odd things, and me failing to notice
that they were doing odd things.

First one secondary thought they'd fixed their secondary line, but
hadn't, and then when they had, the other secondary had unscheduled
downtime happen...  just as I left for choir camp on Friday, when I
thought everything was going to be okay.  Argh.

In any case, thanks muchly to the folks at labyrinth.net.au, who are
now being both primary and secondary DNS for us.  :) Our IP addresses
will eventually change again (when we steal bits of tertius.net.au's
class C), but that's a while away, and should go a lot smoother than
this time round.

Bek and Thorfinn

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/