List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Upload Question
From:       "Michael W. Zaskey, CTS" <mwz () zasco ! com>
Date:       2014-01-07 4:22:09

Ryan,

Thank you so much for tip. It wasn't the total fix for me, but it led me down the \
right track and ultimately success.

I tried the code sample you suggested, and was able to get to a point where the \
upload would complete, but the resulting HTML page sent back simply said: "End of \
file found". (no Mason or Perl errors)

I was stuck for a moment, but then searched the web a bit, and ran across:

http://perl-hunting.blogspot.com/2010/01/htmlmason-and-apache-issues.html

Which clued me in to adding:

PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod mod_perl

In my perl.conf file such as in:

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler

<LocationMatch "(\.mpl)$">
    SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
        PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod mod_perl

        </LocationMatch>

I remembered that we had to add that line a long time ago on the old server.

After adding it and restarting Apache, your new script worked. Then I actually \
reverted back to the original programmers code to test, and that worked again as \
well.

So, I reverted back to the original code, (for consistency) and all is working \
perfectly.

Again, THANK YOU for the tip and the inspiration to keep learning and finding the \
answers to keeping our old website alive.

All the best in 2014.

Michael