List:       mason
Subject:    [Mason] Can't install HTML::Mason on CentOS 6.4
From:       "David Cooper" <david () marmotking ! com>
Date:       2013-12-18 6:23:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've been using Mason for many, many years now on CentOS 5 and have decided to \
upgrade the server to CentOS 6.4.  I've added the rpmforge repository to my CentOS 6 \
installation.  The rpmforge repository contains a pre-built Mason image.  I've \
attempted to install it using "yum install perl-HTML-Mason" but get an error that \
Log::Any isn't available.  OK, so I perform a "yum search log-any" and find nothing.  \
Given that it doesn't appear to be available through yum, I then install Log::Any \
using cpan, but the HTML::Mason install still thinks that it's not there even though \
a perl –e ‘use Log::Any' now confirms its presence.

Now, on the Perl Monks forum I received an excellent suggestion to use Perlbrew to \
install a separate perl instance.  That way I can get modules from CPAN and make this \
all work.  However, when I do that, and use "cpan HTML::Mason", cpan tries to build \
it and it fails all over the place.  If it did get this to work, it would also \
require me to rebuild mod_perl, which I also don't really know how to do properly.

I guess my question is, shouldn't a pre-build HTML::Mason on rpmforge install \
properly in a CentOS 6.4 installation?  I know that HTML::Mason is now frowned upon \
in favor of Mason 2, but I have to get a new server in place for some huge existing \
projects and don't really have the resources at the moment to undertake a migration.  \
Is there some way to make the HTML::Mason yum install know that Log::Any is really \
there even though it wasn't installed through yum?  Any other suggestions maybe from \
people who use Mason on CentOS 6?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!  More greatly than you know...