List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Error
From:       MK <halfcountplus () intergate ! com>
Date:       2010-09-28 17:31:31

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:20:50 -0400
charmie maniar <charmie.maniar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your replies. Can someone please explain me what
> this line does:
>
>   % my ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) =
> localtime((stat($r->filename))[9]);

Localtime returns an array based on a "seconds since the epoch"
timestamp; stat also returns an array, the 10th field of which is the
last modification time of a file in such a form.  You can find
documentation for perl functions at http://perldoc.perl.org/

Presuming $r is an Apache2::RequestRec object (which it almost
certainly is, this is available in mason with
HTML::Mason::Request->instance), $r->filename is the name of the file
requested from the HTTP GET request which initiated the transaction.
You can find the documentation for Apache2::RequestRec at CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/~pgollucci/mod_perl-2.0.3/docs/api/Apache2/RequestRec.pod

I'd recommend asking general perl questions at a forum
such as www.perlmonks.org, where you will get a much more immediate
response.

--
MK <halfcountplus@intergate.com>