List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] subcomponents seem to have a different INC list
From:       "Perrin Harkins" <perrin () elem ! com>
Date:       2008-12-02 22:58:36

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Shane McCarron <halindrome@gmail.com> wrote:
> In looking at the mod_perl 2 documentation, I see that using a SetHandler
> perl-script has very different behavior than using a SetHandler modperl -
> could that be related at all?

Yes.  Quoting the docs:
Several special global Perl variables are saved before the response
handler is called and restored afterwards (similar to mod_perl 1.0).
This includes: %ENV, @INC, $/, STDOUT's $| and END blocks array
(PL_endav).

In other words, if you make any changes to @INC during a request, they
will be lost.

You might have an easier time reproducing this problem if you force
new child processes to be spawned by setting MaxRequestsPerChild to 1.

- Perrin