List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] send_http_header
From:       Dave Rolsky <autarch () urth ! org>
Date:       2007-10-29 16:33:23

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Jonathan Swartz wrote:

> It's odd to me that we would use $r->notes, given that the only code
> that uses this is ApacheHandler.pm. Why wouldn't we get/set a flag in
> the ApacheHandler object instead? Then we could provide a
>
>     $m->http_header_sent();
>
> for people to call when they've called $r->send_http_header themselves.

Well, this is pretty much the same thing. Either way, the end user would
have to manually set something after sending the headers, which kind of
stinks API-wise.

I was thinking we could subclass the Apache module for mp1 only and
override send_http_header to make a note that headers have been sent. That
might be the most elegant solution.

-dave