List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Switch off inherit flag at runtime
From:       "Marc Logghe" <Marc.Logghe () DEVGEN ! com>
Date:       2006-12-15 11:04:07

>     if ( $m->request_args()->{'is_ajax'} )
>     {
>         $m->clear_buffer();    # throw away output to this point
>         _your_code();             # output your content
>         $m->abort();                # finish the request and return
>     }
>     else
>     {
>         _your_code();            # output your content with wrapping
>     }
>
> Since often you will be using the same code regardless of an
> ajax call or a vanilla web request, I find this more compact
> that to replicate code into separate components.
Seems to work nicely, thanks. Did almost the same thing except, in order
to prevent code replication *within* the component I just used 2 if
statements, one before and one after the component block.
% $m->clear_buffer if $is_ajax
<comp content>
% $m->abort if $is_ajax

Thanks all for your help and numerous suggestions (for sure: TIMTOWTDI)!
Regards,
Marc