List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Newbie questions about weather-portlet from mhq.com
From:       "P. Fleury" <fleury () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-06-09 23:12:31

K Old wrote:

>Hello everyone,

Hi !

>The instructions also said to make a template (which I can't find any
>info about in the Mason book) for with top and bottom methods to wrap
>the output of the weather component in.
>
>I made the following file /var/www/html/mason/weather/template and it
>looks like:
>
><%method top>
></%method>
>
><%method bottom>
></%method>
>
>When I execute weather.html from a browser, all I get is the source of
>the weather component.

Mason will not do automatic calls for you. As you noted, in the
autohandler, you'll need a $m->call_next for it to actually call the
components, and if you have your template, you may need to write the
autohandler this way:

<& template:top &>
% $m->call_next
<& template:bottom &>

this will call the methods you have defined.

>Nothing happened, so I then tried:
>
>% $m->comp('weather', zip=>'28278');
>
>But got the source again with characters like "<" displayed in their
>HTML codes (&lt;).

I guess you have some default char escaping going on here.

--Pascal