List:       mason
Subject:    Re: [Mason] Caching
From:       Andy Murren <andy () murren ! org>
Date:       2002-08-27 4:30:08

: > --------------------------------
: >
: > However,  when I try to cache and retrieve, I get nothing.
: >
: >
: > %  $m->cache(action=>'store',key=>'name',value=>'andy');
: > %  my %result = $m->cache(action=>'retrieve');
: > %  $result{name}='Not Found' unless $result{name};
: > <br />
: > <b>result =<% $result{name} %></b> <br />
: >
: > prints
: >
: > result = Not Found
: >
: >
: > I was also getting a 'TIEHASH not found in Util.pm' error.  That seems
: > to have been resolved, but I am wondering what I am doing wrong.
: >
:
: $m->cache(action => 'retrieve') returns a single value, not a
: hash.  Aren't you getting an "Odd number of elements in hash
: assignment" warning?
:

I get no warning errors.  Unfortunately I am doing most of my
development late at night and over the weekends because I cannot do it
at work.  Ergo, I am probably making simple and stupid mistakes.  I
will upload my code to the Source Forge project site
(http://statusboard.sourceforge.net/) tomorrow morning.  Download it
and check it out.

Please remember that I am coding mostly late at night and not having
done Perl in a while.  Any constructive pointers are appreciated.
Anything created that is useable by the Mason community I will gladly
return.

One of my goals is to get Status Board to a point where users can do

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test

I would like to help get the MasonHQ site to that point also.

Andy

--
Andy Murren
andy@murren.org