List:       markus-dev
Subject:    Re: Error dump in MarkUs v0.7
From:       Byron Weber Becker <bwbecker () cs ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       2010-09-17 20:26:21

After I deleted the bad group and created the new one, I was able to add a member.

Still waiting to hear back from the student that the fix worked.

Thanks for your help so far.  At this point, I think we just wait to see what the \
student says.

Byron

On 2010-09-17, at 4:05 PM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:

> Quoting Evan Browning <evan.browning@utoronto.ca>:
>
> > As far as the "Add Members" link not being operational, I remember that
> > there were several links like this on the old groups & graders view that I
> > noticed were not working properly when I began work on the new groups view.
> > Since I was making a new view anyway I did not bother to fix them at the
> > time.  If 0.7 is still being used maybe we should revisit that.
>
> An easy way to debug this is to install Firebug, enabling it click the "Add \
> Members" link again. My suspicion is that the XHR request fails. If that holds, you \
> should be able to see some kind of stack trace.
> As for revisiting I remember fixing this at some point. So, there should be a fix \
> around. We'd just need to find it ;-)
> # svn log --verbose https://stanley.cdf.toronto.edu/svn/csc49x/olm_rails/trunk
>
> should help.
>
> In case somebody feels like it:
> 1. check out 0.7 release branch
> $ svn co https://stanley.cdf.toronto.edu/svn/csc49x/olm_rails/release_0.7 \
> markus-0.7 2. See if problem is reproducible
> 3. Look for fix (or fix yourself)
> 4. Propose patch on ReviewBoard
>
> > )
>
> Severin

Byron Weber Becker             Voice: 519-888-4567 x34661
School of Computer Science       Fax: 519-885-1208
University of Waterloo        Office: DC3105
Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G1