List:       markdown-discuss
Subject:    Re: Bug: Code block after list
From:       "Waylan Limberg" <waylan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-04 18:37:31

IIRC, there was a recent discussion about having two blank lines force
the end of a block. If implemented, that would certainly work here and
simplify all the possibilities Michel summarized nicely. Most likely,
I would then always wrap any code blocks in two blank lines for good
measure.

Certainly a simpler solution than others proposed here. Or is there
something obvious that I'm missing?

On 8/3/07, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin@michelf.com> wrote:
> This is simply because code blocks and the content of a list item
> with block-level content are denoted by the same thing: four space of
> indentation. To be able to create list items with block-level
> content, it is necessary to interpret indented content after a list
> item as the continuation of the content of that particular item. This
> creates the impossibility to create a code block immediately
> following a list, but the other option would be the impossibility of
> having block-level content (like paragraphs) inside a list item.
>
> This has been reported a couple of time already. The current
> workaround is to insert an HTML comment, unindented, between the list
> and the code block. That's clearly not optimal however.
>

> Michel Fortin
> michel.fortin@michelf.com
> http://www.michelf.com/

----