List:       maradns-list
Subject:    MaraDNS 1.3.14 released; I'm closing the AFNIC issue
From:       Sam Trenholme <strenholme.usenet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-04 18:00:38

I have released MaraDNS 1.3.14 today; this should allow people to register
their domain with AFNIC if they correctly configure MaraDNS (enabled
DNS-over-TCP as per http://maradns.org/tutorial/dnstcp.html ; not enabling
recursion as per http://maradns.org/faq.html#afnic ; etc.)

That in mind, I am now closing the AFNIC ticket.  MaraDNS works with AFNIC's
particular anal set of rules; if it doesn't, re-open the ticket.  Since I
don't have any .fr domains, any information to be added to the AFNIC MaraDNS
FAQ entry needs to be contributed by users.

The release *should* also fix the Solaris compile issues reported a couple
of months ago, and has a few other small patches, such as a patch that
allows MaraDNS to compile in OpenBSD.

http://www.maradns.org/download.html

http://maradns.blogspot.com/

- Sam

I do not support MaraDNS via private email.  You are free to download and
use MaraDNS without paying me, but private email support will cost you
money.