List:       maradns-list
Subject:    Re: [MARA] MaraDNS 1.1.41 released
From:       Rich Felker <dalias () aerifal ! cx>
Date:       2005-06-14 1:47:31

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 06:02:17PM -0400, sam+vh6s75g@chaosring.org wrote:
> [2] Rich: I can't think of a real-world situtation where one would want
>     to bind to "0.0.0.0".  Could you please elaborate?  And, yes, read

Very simple one: running DNS (most likely recursive-only, but possibly
auth too with really pathological-but-useful setups, which I was using
many years ago) on a dynamic-ip host. Binding to 0.0.0.0 will still
work after the ip changes, allowing old info to stay in the cache.
Binding to the dynamic address will cease to work after the host's
address changes.

Rich