List:       maradns-list
Subject:    I found a good link about thread programming
From:       e8mhpsznamq001 () sneakemail ! com
Date:       2002-02-14 5:58:39

As I was surfing the web today, I found a good link about thread
programming:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-rt7/?Open&t=grl,l=252,p=mgth

Hopefully, I can use this information (in particular, the usage of
pthread_join()) to minimize the memory usage excessive threads
generate.  Coupled with the 0.9.11 improvments, which minimize
the number of threads created, this will hopefully resolve the
issues with threads taking up too many resources with MaraDNS.

In addition, I have made MaraDNS 0.9.11 available on SourceForge.

I will make a .gz of MaraDNS 0.9.11 available tomorrow, if no
problems with 0.9.11 are reported between now and then.

- Sam