List:       maradns-list
Subject:    Re: German Translation
From:       Christian Kurz <shorty () getuid ! de>
Date:       2002-01-14 20:10:41

On 14/01/02, Thomas Seyrat wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > here's the german translation for the files MaraBigHash_de.h and
> > getzone_de.h.

>   That's nice ! I'll be glad to do the same for French this week.

Thanks and nice to see the next translation showing up.

>   Mmmh, I was thinking, but you might  disagree : as MaraDNS seems to be
>   in the process  of becoming really internationalized (so  far, I think
>   we have got at least partial spanish, french, and german translations,
>   plus the  original english), wouldn't it  be nice if we  agree on some
>   points, such as : which documents to  translate first, how to set up a
>   clean  documentation hierarchy  for  1.0,  a documentation  generation
>   process (we  have text,  HTML, and  man pages  here and  there), maybe
>   translated web pages, etc. ?

Yes, that would be a good think, especially to to replace those html
pages. ;-) But before the documentation can be translated, I think a
cleanup and rewrite of some parts of the current documentation would be
much better for 1.0. :-)

Christian
--
If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat.
                -- Simone de Beauvoir