List:       mapserver-users
Subject:    Re: [mapserver-users] Mapserver fastcgi process errors / crash
From:       Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-06-23 23:02:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I don't have an answer, but a some questions: How do you know that errors
in your shapefiles are causing the problem? What kind of shapefiles (point,
line, poly) and what sort of errors? How can you tell that the fcgi process
is being killed rapidly - from the server logs or elsewhere? Have you tried
with Apache? Are you seeing errors in the MapServer log?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Wim Vanbelle <wimvanbelle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Rather urgent production question. If we have some errors with our
> shapefiles, our fastcgi processes get killed very rapidly. (we believe this
> is some rapid error protection?)
>
> Is there a way to prevent this? We're running nginx + fastcgi mapserver
> over unix sockets.
>
> I'm aware that we need to look into our shapefiles/dbf's but that's not a
> simple thing because they need to be updated often.
>
> Migration to postgres is also not an option.
>
> Please let me know if we can tune this somehow. Anyone experience with
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> best regards,
> Wim