List:       mapserver-users
Subject:    [mapserver-users] Re: tinyows - installation problem
From:       Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen () mmmtike ! fi>
Date:       2012-03-29 4:16:13

Hi,

Error seems to say that TinyOWS finds the database but not PostGIS functions from it. \
What do you get by this SQL query from your database

select postgis_version()

-Jukka Rahkonen-
________________________________
Neelima Emmani wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to install tinyows in my ms4w package. First of all, I am new to this \
> tinyows. Process  followed :
> Took files from tinyows folder and kept them in their related paths like

  *   tinyows.exe under apache>cgi-bin
  *   tinyows folder under ms4w>apps
  *   httpd_tinyows under ms4w>httpd.d and also set the tinyows environment in \
                ms4w/Apache/conf/httpd.conf using statements from httpd_tinyows
  *   configuration - To configure made changes in the config.xml which is under \
tinyows folder. There i have my dbname , username, password and layername as follows \
-

<tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe"
  schema_dir="C:/ms4w/apps/tinyows/schema/"
  check_schema="0"
  log="C:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/tows.log"
  log_level="1">
  <pg host="localhost" user="postgres" password="admin" dbname="postgis" \
port="5432"/>  <metadata name="TinyOWS Server"
         title="TinyOWS Server - Demo Service" />
  <contact name="TinyOWS Server"
         site="http://www.tinyows.org/"
         email="tinyows-users@lists.maptools.org" />
<layer retrievable="1"
    writable="0"
    ns_prefix="tows"
    ns_uri="http://127.0.0.1/"
    prefix="tows"
    server="http://127.0.0.1/"
    schema="public"
    name="maps"
    title="maps" />
</tinyows>

  *   And then i opened cmd, went to the cgi-bin path and said tinyows --check. Then \
an exception is thrown as follows --

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1
.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='ConnectionFailed' locator='init_OWS'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>No PostGIS available in database</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Can anyone suggest where is the problem. Usernmae, password, dbname and hostname are \
correct . there is no mistake in that. Do i need top do any further settings. Please \
suugest me , if any idea.

Awaiting reply.

With Regards,
Neelima Emmani