List:       mapserver-users
Subject:    [mapserver-users] WFS Filter Encoding for strings
From:       Jeff Konnen <jaykayone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-19 20:36:48

Hi

We are using Mapserver 6.0.1 on linux with a postgis database.
We have some wfs services that used to work correctly in earlier versions of=
 mapserver.

In version 6, we observed the following: when people use a wfs filter on a s=
tring field with a numeric value <PropertyIsEqualTo><PropertyName>code_commu=
</PropertyName><Literal>105</Literal></PropertyIsEqualTo>, mapserver will ge=
nerate a sql statement without quotes assuming that the Literal is an Intege=
r.

To fix this i have to use the "gml_types" "auto" directive.

now the filter works but it alters the describefeature xml document by setti=
ng the attribute types to 'Character'. This however does not seem to be vali=
d xml, at least my client (FME) does not to seem to like this type declarati=
ons, telling me that they are not valid...

Is there another way to fix the filter issue?

There is a similar problem with the PropertyIsLike operator but I could not m=
ake it work at allin version 6.0.1

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards
Jeff

PS: sorry if this post appears twice, there has been a formatting problem in=
 the earlier version of the mail