List:       mapserver-users
Subject:    Re: [mapserver-users] max size of raster via WCS GetCoverage request
From:       Stephan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mei=DFl?= <stephan () meissl ! name>
Date:       2011-10-24 12:01:25

John, Jukka,

I confirm that a check for the MAXSIZE directive was introduced for WCS
in version 6.0 (see #3204). At the moment there's no possibility to set
the values independently for WMS and WCS. I started to think about a
more clever method of limiting WCS responses based on the result volume.
E.g. a RGB image of same pixel size is way smaller than a multiple bands
float32 coverage. What are your requirements for such a limiting
mechanism?

Btw. you might be interested in version 2.0 of the WCS standard which is
also supported by MapServer.

cu
Stephan