List:       mapserver-dev
Subject:    [mapserver-dev] Feedback required: plans for Downloadable Users
From:       dmorissette () mapgears ! com (Daniel Morissette)
Date:       2008-03-27 18:38:46

Jeff McKenna wrote:

> > The drawback of .odt files (or any word processor files) is that you
>
> > cannot easily track changes between revisions in SVN and cannot easily
> > merge changes if multiple people work on the same doc. It's just a
> > binary blob that is committed to the repository.
>

> I am aware of that.  I was just looking to back of my work, or maybe someone might \
> have wanted to see my progress, or add a section etc...no worries man.  In the end \
> I'll just upload the pdf to the site.

Please don't get me wrong, committing your .odt file (with -kb flag) is
definitely worthwhile, so please do commit it so that anyone interested
in making updates or translations can easily access the master.

> > Just an opinion. I wonder what others think.
>

> Maybe I can continue my work on the manual, for a 1.0 release of it, and then all \
> of your additions can be made for 2.0 ?

Sure. Sounds like you've got something fairly good already. Looking
forward to it!

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette