List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] Port Forwarding
From:       Nadin Merali <nzmerali () student ! math ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       2001-08-31 19:58:29

Hey All

I want to port forward a port. I current use iptables with the following
chains.

OPEN FTP PORTS AND FORWARD
$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 123  -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d $EXTERNALIP --dport 123 -j DNAT --to
$FTPMACHINE
$IPT -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d $INTERNALIP --dport 123 -j DNAT --to
$FTPMACHINE

Bastically, I am forwarding port 123 to the internal address with an ftp
server ($FTPMACHINE). The problem is that if someone behind a firewall
attemps to login the ftp, they can not see the directory list even with
PASV enabled.  My understanding is that to machines behind two different
firewalls cannot talk to each (ie ftpclient cannot talk to ftp server is
they are behind two different firewalls)

Is there anyway to bypass my firewall and send all data on port 123 to
$FTPMACHINE?

Thanks

Nadin

["message.footer" (text/plain)]