List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    RE: [newbie] Software Manager(rpmdrake) frustrations
From:       "Franki" <frankieh () vianet ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-08-31 17:23:31

I went through the same thing today... there were no url's listed, and it
wouldn't update the list...

In Mdk7.2 in my case,,

for some reason, all the url's in the normal updates section disappeaared..

so I setup the dev section and opened one of the FTP urls in netscape, then
I chanced the url to just mandrake from mandrake-cooker and browsed to the
updates directory,,, copied the url back into software manager and off it
went..

make sure the url points only to the updates directory, not the specific
version of mdk inside it,, software update will open that directory by
itself...

worked fine for me..

rgds

Frank